Q: Hesitation while accelerating and engine overheating on a '94 Toyota Corolla

asked by on April 14, 2016

I have an old '94 Toyota Corolla. It runs okay until it warms up. If I drive 10 or 15 minutes I notice that it hesitates when accelerating after stopping for a red light and also on a highway.

The main problems this vehicle has for that problem are the spark plugs, distributor cap, and the wire set. On these older cars they are a one piece unit and just go bad. You will need to replace it. If that is not the case, you’d want to pressure test the fuel pump because when electronics get older, they warm up, short out, and don’t give enough pressure. You can have that pressure tested. If you don’t have that kind of equipment, call the guys from YourMechanic who can check that stuff out for you and diagnose your acceleration issue properly.