Q: Car overheating at light

My car heats up at lights. I replaced the thermostat. The fan also turns on when the car is turned off, but only the passenger's side fan.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I am going to assume you have a 2.2 liter engine with the air conditioning option on your vehicle, since you mentioned multiple fans. Both fans should turn on while the vehicle is running and the A/C is switched on. One of the fans belongs to the engine cooling system and is activated by a thermostatic switch that may power the fan on for up to 15 minutes even after the car is turned off. The engine’s water pump circulates coolant and the fans move air across the radiator to lower the temperature of the hot coolant coming from the engine. A low coolant level generally indicates a leak. Have a mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, take a closer look to diagnose why your car is overheating at lights.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr