Q: Can i drive my car in reduced engine power mode and will it cause further damage

Rough idle goes only about 10 miles per hour can I drive to mechanic in this condition

Hi there. If the vehicle is in limp mode and will only go 10 mph with the engine running rough, I recommend not driving the vehicle as it may cause more damage than what you want to repair. Check all the fluid levels in the vehicle and make sure that they are all full. If the check engine light is on, then get the codes read or have someone read the codes with a code reader and see what could be happening to your vehicle. There could be a problem with the engine or the fuel system. Check the spark plugs and wires if any and see if they are working or burned. Check the fuel system for a good fuel pressure and see if all of the injectors are working. If you need further assistance with your engine running rough, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Can i drive my car in reduced engine power mode and will it cause further damage