Q: Wiper motor and stalling issues.

Wipers would not move, could not find a short in the fuses. Replaced wiper motor and still no movement in the blades. What should I do next? With my clutch or gear box I'm having an issue with the car trying to die as I release the clutch in first gear. All other gear move great and clutch releases great, becoming confused with this vehicle and would love some input. Thanks

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing two separate issues. If your wiper motor is not functioning despite it being replaced then it may be possible that there is some sort of wiring issue. If you have already checked the fuse I would move on to trying to determine if there may be a short or break somewhere in the wiper motor circuit, perhaps due to faulty wiring or a bad wiper switch. The stalling issues you describe can be caused by a few different things. If the problem only occurs in first gear then it may be possible that there is an issue with the idle air control valve. The idle air control valve is the component that maintains and adjusts the vehicle’s idle speed. If it fails or has an issue it can result in an irregular idle and stalling. It may also be possible that there is an issue with the transmission, however in most cases transmission issues will result in issues with going into gear or transmitting power, as opposed to engine stalling. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the causes of your issues, and determine what repairs need to be made.

3. Wiper motor and stalling issues.