Q: Code 337 came up on my 94 ranger 4.0 what can i do

My 94 ranger 4.0 CEL light came on and the code is 337 (EGR feedback signal is/was was high – EVR) im not sure were to start. It also idles hight. It speeds up to 15 mph without having to press the gas.

The code 337 is for the egr sensor is reading higher than normal voltage and the sensor is mounted on side of intake and has two hoses and one electrical connection on it that you will need to check both heat resistance hoses and sensor for damage and replace sensor and hoses. If the engine is running rough at idle and low engine speeds then the EGR valve may have carbon stuck in it and will need to be removed and cleaned or replaced.

3. Code 337 came up on my 94 ranger 4.0 what can i do