Q: My brakes like skipped or jumped and I almost hit the curb.

asked by on October 11, 2016

I was pulling into autozone and I pressed on my brakes and they didn't work then I slammed on them and they worked and jumped or skipped and the abs light came on and it said service brake alert, what should I do?

Hello. There can be a hydraulic issue with the master cylinder, ABS pump, or even a brake fluid leak anywhere in the system. This is a safety issue and you should have a certified technician inspect the ABS system as soon as possible so that this can be repaired correctly.