Q: Hello, so i have a 1994 mazda b3000 v6. It is a 3 liter engine. my tranny wont shift into any gear when i put it in the "overdrive

asked by on February 23, 2017

i fully described the issue in the "your issue or question" box.

the issue im having is that my 1994 mazda b300 v6 3.0 liter pickup with an automatic transmission wont shift into any gear when it is put in the "overdrive" position. the drive and 2nd, or 1st gear position all work just fine and pull the truck no problem. I am curious if a bubble in the solenoid or a slot in the transmission, could cause this not to work. like a bubble in a brake line.

Hello. A bubble in your transmission fluid will not cause the same effects as a bubble in a brake line would. You may have faulty torque converter clutch solenoid or a shift solenoid causing the vehicle to not go in gear when in overdrive. I suggest that the wires to the solenoid are inspected in comparison to a wiring diagram for proper routing and electrical values. When diagnosing a transmission issue transmission issue the first thing that needs to be verified as good is the transmission fluid condition and level. You can find more on how to check your transmission fluid here. https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-check-and-add-fluid-to-an-automatic-transmission Also,you are able to find the technician who can test your solenoids and further diagnose your transmission issue by visiting here. https://www.yourmecha