Q: Jerking (Suffocating)

Opel corsa 1.3i 1998 model! Starts and drive fine when cold,when reaching normal temperature it begins to jerk as if its suffocating,then when stopping car dies,all lights come on,start up easy but have to tap gas othawise it dies again,then sumtimes at nxt stop car idles fine or dies again! Replaced petrol filter,spark plugs nd idle control valve and cleaned throttle body! Sumtimes when driving and car jerks u smell petrol nd sumtimes not! Wot could be the cause of this problem? Please i really need help on this,any help or advice would be highly appreciated!

This may be related to a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.