Q: Do I need donut gaskets for the exhaust manifold?

I bought a 1990 Dodge W150 and it didn't have donut gaskets in the exhaust manifold where the pipe connects to it. Do I need those gaskets or will it be fine with out them?

If the exhaust does not have a leak as a result of the missing gaskets, I would not recommend going through the trouble of having them installed. However, the moment that the exhaust starts to leak out of the manifold where the rest of the exhaust system connects to it, I would recommend having the gaskets installed. If you are in doubt about the condition of your exhaust system, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come to your home or office to inspect your exhaust system for you.

3. Do I need donut gaskets for the exhaust manifold?