Q: Air conditioning pressure doesn't change when clutch is engaged.

Recently had an AC Line (High Side) blow, assumed it was just an old line. Replaced the line, the drier and did an full evac and started to put fluid back in with a gauge set. Once the clutched engaged the pressures didn't change at all, so I figured the compressor had to be bad. Replaced the compressor (reman) and did another evac and started to put fluid in again and once again, once the clutch engaged the pressures don't change at all. So is it just another compressor that is faulty? Can't really think of what else it would be, I would think even if it was the expansion valve that faulted that pressures would still change. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

P.S. I've done my own AC a few times already and done AC on other vehicles before without problem.

A: If your expansion valve was stuck in the op...

If your expansion valve was stuck in the open position then you may not see much, if any, change in pressures. Before replacing the expansion valve I would recommend you remove the compressor inlet line and turn the compressor by hand to see if you feel it sucking in the line you disconnected. If you do not feel any suction then you have a compressor that is bad. If you feel a good suction then replace the expansion valve, evacuate, and recharge. Then retest system to see if it works normal. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your A/C and help you fix it accordingly.