Q: Knock sensor for 2002 chevy avalanche

asked by on July 09, 2017

Knock sensor code po332 and code po306

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.83 - $832.44 Get a Quote

Hi There, As you know, code P0332 relates to the knock sensor, which may be a result of code P0306, which relates to the crankshaft position sensor. When the crankshaft position sensor is detected to have more than a 2 percent variance in terms of the reading of the crankshaft rotation, this code will be stored. As a result of the crankshaft position sensor potentially failing, this may also cause what is known as spark knock due to the misfiring nature of inconsistent ignition patterns. When this happens, the kock sensor code will be stored. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr