Q: My car overheated while on the highway. I added coolant and let the engine rest and cool down. Now the car will not start. How can

My car overheated while on the highway. I pulled into a gas station, added coolant and let the engine rest and cool down. I noticed a small leak under the car. Now the car will not start. How can I get the car to turn over?

A: Hi there: Unfortunately, there is no exact...

Hi there:

Unfortunately, there is no exact reason we can offer to you as to why the vehicle won’t start now after your overheating issue; without first inspecting the vehicle. However, if the vehicle overheated on the highway there is a high possibility that major engine damage has occurred, which is possibly why the vehicle won’t start now. This damage could include head gaskets being blown, which can cause coolant to enter the internal portions of the engine and lead to additional damage. The best thing for you to do is have your vehicle towed back home, then contact YourMechanic.com to have one of our professional mechanics complete a car is overheating inspection.