Q: My dad added a quart of regular oil to my car which uses synthetic. He drove it 800 miles before I knew. It hasn't had any probl

Is it a problem if my dad added a quart of regular oil to my KIa Soul that has synthetic oil in it. my last oil change was July (3,000 miles ago). Do I need to do an oil change or flush the system? It is an automatic transmission.

A: You should not worry about the addition of ...

You should not worry about the addition of normal oil instead of synthetic oil. The oil should be changed at the normal time. The oil system does not need to be flushed. Any time the oil is low you should add oil of the correct weight and try to use the same type as you have in the engine. Keep an extra quart in the trunk of the same oil you use so the next time the same oil is used. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do the next oil change