Q: The car says steering assist fault service required, what do i do

My car says steering assist fault, what do i do

Hi there. Your car’s Power Steering system includes both the normal Hydraulic system used for many years now to make steering your car easier, as well as a Power Steering Assist system that augments the regular power steering. If a problem develops with the Power Steering Assist system, it will be deactivated. You’ll see a warning in the message center that reads “Power steering assist fault.” The best way to resolve this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic from our team come to your location and complete a power steering inspection so they can determine if this is an electrical or mechanical fault, and recommend the right repairs to resolve this issue.