Q: Are car batteries covered under warranty

asked by on March 15, 2017

Is my car battery covered under my car's warranty I have been told otherwise

Hi There, I would suggest checking with the Ford dealership where you purchased the vehicle as this can vary a bit depending on the specific vehicle and the warranty offered for that car. In general, however usually batteries will have their own manufacturers warranty that will cover the battery separately from the vehicle. Contrary to most belief, when a vehicle has a 3X,XXX mile bumper to bumper warranty, this does not cover maintenance items such as brake pads, wiper blades, batteries, etc. Although batteries appear to be maintenance free, they are often times not and do require a bit of maintenance to keep them in good working order.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr