Q: Digital dashboard not working

asked by on February 19, 2016

All digital dashboard components are not working, including the speedometer.

Hello! That is a common problem that unfortunately usually requires a replacement of the instrument cluster. The clusters will short out internally over time, due to faulty solder points. The solder points will usually fail due to the heat those cluster motherboards produce. I suggest taking the vehicle to a Lexus dealership, which has the special equipment needed to communicate with the instrument. The equipment there has a function which will test the wiring to the cluster and the cluster motherboard.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr