Q: I am about to replace engine in my 1998 lincoln nav it had 240 thousand miles i have an engine trying to find a good e to have it

need to know how much should it cost to replace an engine in a 1998 lincoln Navigator and looking for a place to have it done zipcode 33157 Miami Fla

My car has an automatic transmission. also what all parts do i need to buy or should i let the garage by the parts

To remove and replace the complete engine, the labor time is in the range of 14 to 18 hours . The variance is due to different requirements in the 4WD version versus the RWD version and there are at least two engine variants that were used in that year, as well. Each requires a different total labor time. As far as associated parts requirements, that is dependent on the "as found" condition of the vehicle. Additional requirements could range from zero to the low thousands if the transmission also has to be replaced. There are motor mounts, fuel line tubing, filters, coolant hoses, the radiator and so on and so forth and all of that has to be carefully inspected to determine the possibility of re-use. However, none of the rubber based products need be inspected as rubber based products should be discarded outright to avoid predictable leaks. As far as a good shop, you have to do the usual intensive investigation in order to determine if the shop actually employs individuals who are are not only knowledgeable and well trained but also conscientious and thus, most importantly of all, actually INTERESTED in doing a good job. That can be difficult to figure out but a key is to ask lots of questions. If the person doing the work doesn’t provide lots of answers, you got the wrong shop. Ask a few technical, or procedural questions (will rubber based products, that is hoses, be replaced?) and see if you get a rational, professional response. If you are interested in an engine replacement, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can perform that. Please simply inquire further to determine availability, based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I am about to replace engine in my 1998 lincoln nav it had 240 thousand miles i have an engine trying to find a good e to have it