Q: 2013 Chevy cruz wheel replacement

I have a Chevy cruze 2013 RS package with 18" wheels and hit a rock which cracked the rim and shredded the tire. Can I put a 16 on temporary and what would you recommend if my end goal is to get it back to stock?

The stock wheel diameter for this vehicle appears to be 16 inches or, optionally, 17 inches. To return the vehicle to stock, it is best to buy a set of OEM rims from a GM dealer. Aftermarket rims may have different offset dimensions which will degrade handling and could affect the service life of the suspension. Rims (and tire diameters on the same axle) on vehicles must be identical, otherwise you are likely to experience problems including possibly damaging the differential as the two ends of the axle (in the front on FWD) continuously rotate at different speeds. As a temporary measure, so long as the bolt pattern matches, and there is no vehicle interference, you can use whatever rim diameter you desire but that is simply as a temporary measure to get the vehicle to a repair facility. Again, to restore the vehicle to stock, buy GM rims based on your specific VIN number. If you need assistance, simply request service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr