Q: I have a vitz 2003 FL 1.3 automatic it jerks at slow speeds and low revs around 10 - 50 kmh . Also sometimes the gear gets stuck

The car stutters at low speed and low revs . Takes some time to rev up when i push the pedal . Jerks go away at high speeds . The speed maxes out at 135 kmh . Doesn't go any further . No matter what . Sometimes the gear gets stuck i.e when in gear it doesn't move even though you push the pedal and then starts to move with a sudden jerk . I recently changed the transmission oil but the problem remains . I also cleaned up the exhaust but no use . Acceleration is down . It accelerates like a 660cc car My car has 140000 miles.

With a high mileage car like yours, the first thing I think about is whether the scheduled services have been performed. Spark plugs and filters last pretty long, but they should have been changed at least once in your car. If that hasn’t been done, it’s a good first step. As for your automatic transmission, it sounds like it might be on it’s way out. When the internals in the transmission are worn, the transmission cannot maintain enough oil pressure to keep the clutches engaged. When you rev the engine, the oil pressure comes up and the clutches engage suddenly, Bam! In either case, I think you’re best off having this car properly diagnosed before you throw money at it. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to our home or office to check out your Toyota and let you know what can be done for it.,

3. I have a vitz 2003 FL 1.3 automatic it jerks at slow speeds and low revs around 10 - 50 kmh . Also sometimes the gear gets stuck