Q: Advice on using and changing transmission fluid on Honda

I have a Honda Fit Sport 2013 and I would like to know if I can change my transmission fluid to full synthetic. I don't know which transmission fluid it uses.

Hondas are extremely particular about what kind of fluid they use. That’s just the way Hondas are. What I would advise you to do is change the fluid and use the Honda fluid. I wouldn’t switch fluids because Hondas have relatively sensitive transmissions and they can often have problems if you switch fluids. So I would change the fluid but I’d stick to the Honda fluid that it came with, and if you need to have this done for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to service your transmission fluid for you.

3. Advice on using and changing transmission fluid on Honda