Q: It's like I don't have a clutch, more or less there's too much pedal.

To start the car I have to push clutch to the floor in order to make it start. When it started I put in reverse. Releasing clutch slowly, it backed up. Having to push the clutch to the floor again, I shift to first. And before I started to let off clutch (didn't even get to let off) car died on me. I started it back up clutch against floor, this time it didn't die, and it shift OK (still had to floor the clutch, in order to shift) all the way to drop my brothers fiance off at work. I got to the stop sign. Pulling out onto main road shifting from 1st to second gear was okay other than having to floor the clutch. When I tried to shift to 3rd gear, the clutch was floored again (seeing as flooring it is the only way to get it to shift) but it made a grind noise as if I shifted to wrong gear. I tried to put it back in 2nd gear. It made the same noise and wouldn't shift. I tried shifting to 3rd again and it went in gear. Driving back home OK but still had to floor the clutch, to shift gear

Clutch is not fully disengaging Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - first task is to check the fluid level in your clutch fluid reservoir. This reservoir may be shared with the brake master cylinder - they both use brake fluid. If the fluid level is correct, it sounds like either your clutch master and/or slave cylinders are weak, and not providing adequate clutch actuation, or the pilot bearing has seized. A seized pilot bearing will act the same as a dragging clutch pressure plate, causing difficulty and grinding when selecting a gear. I would recommend a clutch system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.