Q: put key to start car goes dead leave in run position 2 min then car starts

all dash idiot lights come on at first then all go out wont start leave key in run position for couple minutes hear clicking noise under hood then radio resets and heater indicator flashes then car starts

A: Your vehicle may have an ignition switch th...

Your vehicle may have an ignition switch that is not making a good internal contact. GM has had multiple major recalls pertaining to problems with the ignition switch. These recalls may relate to your problem. The only way to see if your vehicle is covered under one or more of the recalls is to have a dealer run your VIN number through their system. If the vehicle is covered under a recall it should cost you nothing to get it fixed.

If your ignition switch is not the cause, then your main relay for the ignition switch may have a loose connection in the wiring, or the relay itself is not making a clean connection. A thorough diagnostic inspection will need to be performed to get a concrete answer. Have a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic, come and test the electronic ignition system for you.