Q: Went over a speed bump and now my car is making this strange noise whenever i accelerate. What should i do? Can it be fix

So earlier today, driving home i went over a speed bump and the car made a strange bumping noise. Every time i pressed down on the accelerator it make a loud noise. What is wrong with the car? Can i self examine it to see the problem? and how much could this cost me?

My car is a citroen C1

Hello. Thank you for writing in . The extent of the damages done will depend on how hard you hit the speed bump. It also will depend on what exactly was damaged. Typically the front or the back of the vehicle takes the hardest hit when a speed bump is concerned. You can absolutely do a self inspection, but you need to know what to look for. If the noise you are hearing is related to engine speed, then it can be attributed to the engine or the wheels and suspension. Both systems could have been effected. To start, you may want to keep the vehicle in park, and attempt to replicate the sound while sitting still. If you are able to do so, then the issue is related to the engine and not the wheels and suspension. If you are not able to replicate the noises, then you may have an issue with the wheels and suspension. From there you will want to continue to replicate the sound until you are able to trace down the noise and pinpoint where exactly abouts the engine or the suspension it is coming from.

3. Went over a speed bump and now my car is making this strange noise whenever i accelerate. What should i do? Can it be fix