Q: Will a tear in the air filter make a humming/fluttering sound?

I had the oil changed recently and noticed after a fluttering sound . After investigating I noticed a tear in the air filter. Will the tear make a fluttering sound? The sound goes away after reaching 2000 RPM's

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

A tear in the air filter can make a fluttering noise. Another possible source of the noise is the DISA valve at the top of the intake manifold. The DISA valve is what controls the variable length intake manifold. If this noise still exists after replacing the air filter, you can contact a professional technician, such as the ones available through YourMechanic, to diagnose the noise.

3. Will a tear in the air filter make a humming/fluttering sound?