Q: Random intense shaking of the car for 10 seconds.

asked by on February 27, 2017

Hi, I was driving my Nissan 180sx 94 model (manual) today and while I was going around 60 mph and the car began to shake very heavily. I could feel the car slowly beginning to shake very badly. After about 10 seconds it stops. This is the second time in 2 days this has happened. Any ideas what it might be? It is very random and doesn't last long. Thanks for your help.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check the suspension to see if anything is loose that can contribute to a shaking motion on the highway speeds. If the suspension is tight, then the shock absorbers are loosing fluid and causing a gas pocket inside them. This can cause the tire to bounce rapidly several times until the gas pocket is worked out. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.