Q: My car still overheats, I replaced water pump and thermostat, and now after water pump install it knocks bad

So my girlfriends car is a 96 thunderbird, yesterday it started overheating, I replaced the tstat, didn't work, then replaced the water pump, no luck, and now since I replaced the water pump it knocks. We absolutely need this vehicle and I would really appreciate some advice

Hi there:

Trying to diagnose an overheating issue remotely is incredibly difficult. However, there are three things you can do to attempt to solve this issue. First, remove the water pump, verify it’s the right replacement part and reinstall with new gaskets. Second, flush the radiator coolant fully, as the issue could be caused by an obstruction inside the heater core or other coolant lines. Third, make sure to check all electrical connections to the radiator sensors and components. If you check and complete all three of those tasks, and you still have overheating problems, contact a professional mobile mechanic to complete a car is overheating inspection.

3. My car still overheats, I replaced water pump and thermostat, and now after water pump install it knocks bad