Q: Humming sound when car is running

There is a humming sound when the car is running. I think it is coming from the tire or the wheel bearing.

A: Hey there. A humming sound is a common nois...

Hey there. A humming sound is a common noise made by bad wheel bearings or defective tires. A wheel bearing plays a huge role in the safety and stability of a vehicle. Being that they are such crucial components, I would strongly suggest getting an expert, such as the ones provided by YourMechanic, to inspect the wheel bearing for excessive axial movement and noise. If that is the case, have the mechanic replace the bad wheel bearing on your vehicle. I also recommend checking the tire for deformities because that is a common cause of that noise too.