Q: My car has been jerking and wont accelerate.

asked by on September 28, 2016

My suzuki has been jerking and going slow for some months now. It wouldnt accelerate for more than 20 mph. I took it to auto zone to get checked they said it had 1 & 2 shift malfunction and computer box malfunction, and cylinder misfire. I took it to a Hyundai shop and put transmission fluid in it, but still didnt help. Took it to another shop afterwards and they drove it and said i may have to get another transmission since it wouldnt go to 3rd shift. But i just dont think i do. Please help!

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2004 Suzuki Forenza. You have a few different faults going on with your car. If you have a 1+2 shift malfunction there are a few potential causes. The most common cause is low transmission fluid. Since you have already had the fluid level checked, there are a few potential faults such as a failed shift solenoid, clogged transmission passage, or a wiring harness fault. A 1+2 shift solenoid will trigger a Check Engine Light so that is likely the cause of the computer issue. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your shifting issues and make any repairs required on the shift solenoid.