Q: My car has been jerking and wont accelerate.

My suzuki has been jerking and going slow for some months now. It wouldnt accelerate for more than 20 mph. I took it to auto zone to get checked they said it had 1 & 2 shift malfunction and computer box malfunction, and cylinder misfire. I took it to a Hyundai shop and put transmission fluid in it, but still didnt help. Took it to another shop afterwards and they drove it and said i may have to get another transmission since it wouldnt go to 3rd shift. But i just dont think i do. Please help!

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2004 Suzuki Forenza. You have a few different faults going on with your car. If you have a 1+2 shift malfunction there are a few potential causes. The most common cause is low transmission fluid. Since you have already had the fluid level checked, there are a few potential faults such as a failed shift solenoid, clogged transmission passage, or a wiring harness fault. A 1+2 shift solenoid will trigger a Check Engine Light so that is likely the cause of the computer issue. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your shifting issues and make any repairs required on the shift solenoid.