Q: I have a crunching/grinding like sound coming from my front left wheel when i only do tight turns,,just of recent i had a new tyr

asked by on July 10, 2016

I have a crunching/grinding like sound coming from my front left wheel when i only do tight turns,,just of recent i had a new tyre put on there have had a new starter motor also put in,,please i need ur help 😞

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote

I assume you have a vehicle that is front wheel drive and the noise is from the axle constant velocity joint binding. The outer boot gets torn from normal use and will get dirt into the joint and lube gets washed out causing the grinding. The noise is on turns since this is where the joint where the bearings are turning the most and when binding can occur. If you want to have this checked for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the grinding noise and replace the CV axle joint if necessary.