Q: my car engine turned off while driving and is now knocking

engine turned of while driving on highway and after 30 min of sitting the car turned back on but made a sound while driving

The first thing I would recommend doing if your engine is making a knocking sound is to check the engine oil level. If the engine oil is low this can cause noises. It is also possible that internal damage to your engine may have occurred which is what cause the engine to die in The Chalet. If you suspect this is the case I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional.