Q: My headlights suddenly will not turn off

asked by on April 09, 2017

This past week I noticed a very slight delay with the headlights turning on when I turned the lights on in the car in the morning. Parking lights would illuminate but headlights would take a second or two and flicker on. Otherwise working as normal all week. I only saw this happen maybe 2x. I noticed the lights stay on when I got to work but was able to turn them off after going back out to the car, turning it on and then off and trying to turn them off again. Well, as of last night they don't want to turn off at all! The park lights will respond to me trying to turn off, if I try the high beams they will come on, but the low beams will not turn off. I have had to disconnect the battery. Please help!

Headlight is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the headlamps will not turn off then I check the obvious first just to make sure that the switch is not in the on position. If the switch is correct then most of the time this is caused by a failure in the control module for the lighting or a failure in the relay. i would need to check the circuit to know for sure. I have seen this vehicle need some reprogramming in the computer to be able to get the lights to work correctly, but most of the time this is a failure that requires replacement of the computer. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the headlights will not turn off] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/headlight-is-not-working-inspection