Q: My car will not move at all in any gear. It starts up fine but does not move in gear.

My car starts up fine but when I try to drive it or reverse, it does not move and then the gear gets stuck after I put it in drive. I have to turn the car off in order to get the gear in park.

Hi there. Check the shifting cable from the shifter housing to the transmission and see if its out of adjustment. A shifter cable that is out of adjustment will cause the shifter on the transmission to be out of sync from the shifter housing. If the shifter cable is not adjusting, then I recommend replacing the cable. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not moving, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My car will not move at all in any gear. It starts up fine but does not move in gear.