Q: Car cut off on the highway and never started back up.

I was driving my 2004 chevy impala on the highway. It seemed like i started to loose power and i took my foot off the gas, soon as i dis so the car cut of. I had to get it towed. Its been over a month and still wont start not a sound or crank. My mechanic ran a diagnostic and code p0443 came up. Can this code be the reason my car wont start? Please help

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2004 Chevrolet Impala to die while running and not restart. The P0443 code is for the Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit and though this will need to be addressed will not prevent the car from starting.

Common causes for the car dying in this manner are the fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plugs, fuel filter, crank position sensor, or a wiring harness fault.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car’s no start condition and make any repairs required.