Q: How do I turn off incoming text message announcements on Uconnect?

How do I turn off incoming text message announcements on Uconnect?

A: If you don’t want Uconnect to let you know ...

If you don’t want Uconnect to let you know every time that your paired cell phone has a new text message, you can turn off the announcements. To do so, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone and is located on either the center console or the steering wheel, and say “Setup, SMS incoming message announcement.” Then follow the prompts to turn off the announcements.