Q: Battery not staying charged

My battery will not stay charged, even though there is nothing wrong with the battery. In addition, antifreeze is leaking out onto the ground.

A: Hello. The battery is basically a storage d...

Hello. The battery is basically a storage device that requires constant charging from the alternator. I would have your alternator tested. If the alternator is not the problem, I would check for a parasitic draw. This happens when something in the vehicle stays powered on and drains down the battery. A certified technician can inspect the battery drainage and replace as necessary. As for your coolant leak, there are dozens of places it could originate. Performing a cooling system pressure test will pinpoint the leak. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the coolant leak to know exactly where the leak has originated.