Q: Battery not staying charged

My battery will not stay charged, even though there is nothing wrong with the battery. In addition, antifreeze is leaking out onto the ground.

Hello. The battery is basically a storage device that requires constant charging from the alternator. I would have your alternator tested. If the alternator is not the problem, I would check for a parasitic draw. This happens when something in the vehicle stays powered on and drains down the battery. A certified technician can inspect the battery drainage and replace as necessary. As for your coolant leak, there are dozens of places it could originate. Performing a cooling system pressure test will pinpoint the leak. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the coolant leak to know exactly where the leak has originated.