Q: How to tell if spring has been cut to lower car

I think the previous owner of my car cut the spring to lower the car. How can I find out if they cut the spring?

The only way to tell if the springs have been cut on your Honda Civic is to raise the vehicle so the suspension can hang with the wheels off the ground. This will allow extra space for a visual inspection of the springs. If you are not comfortable lifting your vehicle, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will have the proper equipment to safely lift and secure your Honda so the springs can be inspected to see if they have been replaced with lowering springs or if the stock springs have indeed been cut. If you prefer to have your vehicle restored to the stock height, they will also be able to assist you with that as well.

3. How to tell if spring has been cut to lower car