Q: Brake pedal stays stuck down when stopping

When stopping.. The brake petal sticks to the floor. Have to reach down and grab the petal and pull it back up. It doesn't happen every time though.

Hello. This usually occurs when the master cylinder fails. The return spring in the master cylinder is either broken or the piston is sticking in the bore. The master cylinder will need to be replaced and the system flushed. I usually also check the entire braking system at the same time. If you want to have this brake pedal problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this for you.