Q: My car started to stutter then it suddenly turned off

Hello, so i just bought my car 2 days ago and it was working perfectly fine, today i was doing some testing on the horsepower of the car by pressing the gas pedal and see how fast can it go and nothing wrong happen, it was until like 5 min after that the car started like stuttering when i stop in a light and when i ill start going again slowly the car will stutter alot and then when i turned to my house the car suddenly turned off, idont know what happen or what it is, i also put some premium gas today on the car i dont know if it was because of that which i really doubt, also i could hear like some weird sound like a wabble or something shaking in the motor idk what that was, please i need help because i need that car to go to work tomorrow, and yes it did have more than half tank of gas, thank you in advance

Hi there:

There could be multiple issues that are causing your engine stumbling issue with the 2010 Nissan Maxima. In many cases, this is due to a restriction in the air to fuel ratio caused by damage or a faulty connection with the mass air flow sensor, a throttle body that has excess carbon build-up (that may have broken off when you tested the acceleration) or perhaps an electrical sensor that is faulty. The best way to know for certain is to have one of our professional mobile mechanics complete a car starts then dies inspection. This will allow them to download any error codes stored in the ECU and physically inspect the Nissan to determine what’s going on and what needs to be repaired.