Q: Car vibration, engine shuddering at idle

asked by on September 08, 2016

When the car is stopped completely and starts running, a very noticeable vibration appears. It seems to be coming from the transmission tunnel area. It is also present at higher speeds but not as much. When I quickly accelerate, the vibration stays the same. Also, while idling, the engine starts shuddering a little. What might be the cause of this shuddering?

Engine Mount Replacement $112.84 - $1607.30 Get a Quote
Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like the torque convertor is malfunctioning causing the car to vibrate and shudder. It is also possible that there is a problem with the drive shaft being out of balance. One more possibility is that the transmission mount or engine mount is faulty and causing this problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vibration issue and assist with the correct repairs.