Q: Car vibration, engine shuddering at idle

When the car is stopped completely and starts running, a very noticeable vibration appears. It seems to be coming from the transmission tunnel area. It is also present at higher speeds but not as much. When I quickly accelerate, the vibration stays the same. Also, while idling, the engine starts shuddering a little. What might be the cause of this shuddering?

Hello. It sounds like the torque convertor is malfunctioning causing the car to vibrate and shudder. It is also possible that there is a problem with the drive shaft being out of balance. One more possibility is that the transmission mount or engine mount is faulty and causing this problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vibration issue and assist with the correct repairs.