Q: Rattling noise from front left during left turns or while going over bumps.

2014 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Hemi. A mnth or so ago the truck started making a 'rattle' noise from the front left when making left hand turns or going over bumps. No noise when going straight. Need to be going about 15mph or over while turning left to produce sound. Sound is similar to a pebble being shaken around in a hard plastic or tin can. Initially thought a pebble was caught behind the plastic hub cap that snaps over the lugs. Not the case, the cover is empty. Noise can be heard only during left turns or hitting bumps. Noise also present when 4wd is engaged, Hi and Low. Honestly, the sound is almost like rocks hitting the heat shield of the exhaust, but seems to be coming from the front left (passenger side). Truck has not been aligned since leveled about 3 months ago. Rough Country 2.5" level kit installed.

Hi there. Base on the information you’ve provided this may be a result of the leveling kit installation. I would check the caliper on the left front and make sure the mounting bolts for the caliper and pads are proper tightened. Then check the installation of the shock to see if the nut is overtightened and squeezing the bushing flat; simply look a the top of the shock and see if the bushing is flat and allowing the metal washers to make contact. Also check the sway bar link for similar signs as noted for checking the shock. The last thing that I would suspect is a wheel bearing that may not have been properly tightened or may need to be torqued. YourMechanic has several technicians that can provide you with a proper suspension inspection for the noise and advise you further on repairs.

• Rattling noise from front left during left turns or while going over bumps.