Q: Shift lever stuck in park no intrument lights on dash

Shift stuck in park, no dash lights for gas, speed tachimeter, or coolant

It is possible that you could be having an issue with your battery or your alternator. I would recommend having this issue inspected by a qualified professional in order to determine if my suspicion is correct. The battery should maintain about 12.6 volts and the alternator should charge the battery at just above 14 volts.

If your battery and alternator are not running within these specifications, I would recommend having them replaced. If you need help with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you to diagnose the issue and service your car’s battery and alternator at the convenience of your own home.