Q: The cooling fan won't turn and car over heats

What causes the fan to work

A: The radiator fan consists of the fan motor ...

The radiator fan consists of the fan motor powered by the fan relay in the engine compartment relay box. The cooling fan relay is controlled by the fan control module behind the glove box. This control module will turn on and of the cooling fan motor using input from the A/C and the cooling fan switches A and B located on the right side of the engine.

Try disconnecting each of these switches and jump the connector from one side to the other, and with the key on, the fan should come on. You may have one or both of the fan switches bad or a relay that is bad depending on the testing outcome. If you need help diagnosing the overheating issue on your Honda Accord, then enlist the help of a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.