Q: How do I turn off the traction control and vehicle stability control (VSC)?

How do I turn off the traction control and vehicle stability control (VSC)?

A: The traction control and vehicle stability ...

The traction control and vehicle stability control (VSC) are key safety features that help your car safely drive in poor weather. However, in select circumstances (such as when you are stuck in the mud or snow), the traction control and VSC can reduce power to the wheels, and be detrimental. When that is the case, you can turn off these systems by pressing and holding the traction control and VSC off button, which is located to the left of the steering wheel. TRAC Off and VSC Off indicators will illuminate on the instrument panel to confirm that the systems are off.

Tip

Never keep the traction control and VSC system off unless you need to for specific purposes.