Q: 2005 Ford Escape dies, runs up to 5 seconds and dies again

I have a 2005 Ford Escape. Last week, my truck died. It starts up for 2-5 seconds and then dies. The engine is not throwing any codes.

First pressure test the fuel pump. A weak fuel pump would do exactly that and on that old Escape, 11 years old, there is no sensor on the fuel, so the computer has no idea what the fuel pressure is. So, it won’t trip the codes if the fuel pump is worn. Often, it is just a worn out fuel pump. Start there. If you need help having the system tested, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue.

3. 2005 Ford Escape dies, runs up to 5 seconds and dies again