Q: Possible timing chain replacement.

My car is out of warrenty and the BMW dealership said after their hour diagnostic I needed new upper and lower timing chains...

What started this issue is my drivetran malfunction indicator will come and off occasionally. Other than the indicator I don't really notice anything else as the car seems to run fine.

I took the car to another garage yesterday and said that the engine looks very clean. They are currently trying to reflash the system to see if this solves the issue.

I'm just concerned that it actually is the timing chain. Any thoughts?

Fyi while the code was on I had advance auto check the code and it came up as " p0015".

The code P0015 could be coming up for the following issues.

____________________________

• The camshaft(s) have incorrect timing
  • intake timing control valve control solenoid system has wiring problems
  • Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
  • The timing valve control solenoid has failed and is stuck open

____________________________

Before replacing the timing chains, be sure to check all four areas out then make the attention to replace the part(s) that are not functioning properly. If you need further assistance with your check engine light, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Possible timing chain replacement.