Q: Air ride suspension (rear only)

My rear end is literally sitting on the tires and will not come back up. We have checked the ride height sensors and they seem fine, we've checked the air lines, the relay seems to be working correctly, we replaced the compressor and it all worked for a day and a half then failed on one side. Then the next day both sides were down again and we haven't been able to get it to work at all. The compressor kicks on like it should even though it seems to be working a little harder then normal but it does kick on and off. We have tried putting it in 4WD and have shut it off and back on numerous times. This all started like 6 months ago but it was just one side that would go down a little overnight then come up just fine the next morning. Then it became both sides going down over night but would come up just fine that next morning. Then it became an every once in a while we would not be able to get it up and would have to manually press the relay and get it to kick on now nothing

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. This sounds like you may need to replace the bags if they are not holding air. Try checking to see if when the compressor comes on if you can hear any air leaks. Sometimes the lines can develop very slow leaks that are nearly impossible to hear.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. Air ride suspension (rear only)