Q: I need help with my nissan maxima 2005 i was driving down the road then all of a sudden the whole car turned off

asked by on August 29, 2017

I need help with my nissan maxima 2005 i was driving down the road then all of a sudden the whole car turned off so i tried to crank it again and it would not so i got the crank sensor changed the fuel pump changed the spark plug and the ignition coil what should i do now ?

You may also want to check the camshaft position sensor as well as this also helps to control ignition timing as well as fuel injection timing. The camshaft position sensor measures the rotational position of the camshaft and transmits that information to the engine control computer. To determine which cylinder is in its power stroke, your car’s computer monitors the rotating position of the camshaft relative to the crankshaft position using a camshaft position (CMP) sensor. It uses this information to adjust the spark timing and the operation of the fuel injectors. Thus, the CMP sensor affects fuel economy, emissions control, and engine efficiency. When the camshaft sensor fails, you may experience the car jerking while losing power or the car may struggle to move faster than ~35-40 mph. The engine may also stall intermittently, produce poor performance, hard starting, surging or fail to produce an ignition spark.

There are a number of things that may cause the vehicle to stall while driving. This can happen for any number of reasons such as fuel supply issues such as a bad fuel pump, vacuum leaks, electrical faults or various sensors failing. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle using a scanning tool, which will help to more specifically narrow down what may be causing your vehicle to stall.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr