Q: Car has a starting problem 2006 Toyota Corolla

Whenever my cars cold it usually takes 3-5 tries to actually work, it's not the battery I just took it in today and the guys at napa said it was perfectly fine. I also notice that when it starts it's under 1000 rpm and when I'm stopped. My dad thinks it can be the idle sensor but I have no idea. What kind of problem does this sound like to you?

Hello - there are a couple of possibilities for hard starting. You mention cold weather as a factor here. A failed coolant temperature sensor, or one that is not delivering a cold enough reading to engine management, will cause hard starting because the fuel mixture is not rich enough (not enough fuel per unit of air). This sensor should be tested. Low fuel pressure when you first start your car each day can also cause this behavior. This is usually a faulty fuel check valve (part of the fuel pump). I would recommend an inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic to determine why your car has such difficulty starting. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car has a starting problem 2006 Toyota Corolla