Q: Hard to start after sitting for 24 hours, but runs great after starting.

asked by on December 17, 2015

If my van sits for 24 hours it is hard to start. It runs great once started.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This problem is a very common problem with this vehicle and other owners have had this complaint also. The most common problem encountered that will cause this problem is a fuel pump in the fuel tank not holding fuel pressure up to the engine for any length of time. The fuel system needs to hold pressure to the fuel injection in order to start after sitting. A loss of pressure over time will cause the fuel not to be at fuel injectors when starting and will take time to build up pressure again before it will start normally. After starting the van will run normal. I recommend having your starting problems inspected by a mechanic.