Q: Why is my steering wheel hard to turn in my 1992 Honda Accord

asked by on February 06, 2017

but I don't know why but when I give it gas it softens up I'm confused what would you guys do ?

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like you may have a bad power steering pump or an issue with the belt itself. I usually start by checking the belt to make sure that it is in good shape and is tight. If not then I repair that issue first. If the problem is not the belt then the power steering pump is more than likely failing. It can be pressure tested to verify this, but it sounds like the pump. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the steering is hard] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/steering-wheel-is-hard-to-turn-inspection